About Us

My photo
Two recent college grads with major's in Applied Computer Graphics. This blog has been created to show off works in progress, while hopefully receiving feedback from fellow digital artists.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Return of Grunge Bathroom: Part 2

Author of Post: Captain Rara

The return of grunge bathroom is hitting  me with a vengeance. The texture for the walls is taking an exceedingly long amount of time. I guess I hadn't really thought it all the way through. I've re-discovered that linking two separate objects through texture is a long process, and making the texture look good is a whole other thing.

I'm at the point in grunge bathroom where I've essentially textured all that I can. Things will get edited, no doubt, but I can finally move on to the next part of the scene. [ A couple of the assets are still being textured by Miss Jolly. ] I'm still looking into options for grungifying the mirror but I'm not exactly sure how to do that. Layered Shader tutorial possibly...?


mmm. grunge.



I was also introduced to both the substance editor in maya as well as Allegorithmic Substance Designer, which are both taking a bit of time to understand. It may have helped, if I knew a bit more about tech art. It's a whole new learning curve, but I'm slowly getting a better understanding of it.

Mmm. Substance Editor

The main thing that remains for grunge bathroom at this point is lighting. Which is going to take a bit. I'll probably end up watching quite a few tutorials.

Edit: 

Here's a close up screencap of the trash can texture I created. It's visible in the some of the earlier screencaps but you cans see more of the detail here. Also, after a successful tutorial run, I ended up creating a substance shader for the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment